The Commissioner of Highways may award up to $12,000.00 in scholarship money to eligible students to aid in attracting competent personnel to employment with the WV Division of Highways.
To be eligible for one of these scholarships, an applicant must:
- Be enrolled in an Engineering (Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, Environmental), or Accounting baccalaureate degree or Juris Doctorate degree at a state accredited college or university
- Be entering at least the junior year of college in the eligible degree program or second year of law school
- Be a West Virginia resident
- Have a minimum over all (cumulative) college grade point average of 2.50 on a 4.00 scale
- Be a Division of Highways Co-op in good standing for at least one year
- Agree to work for the WV Division of Highways immediately following the date of the receipt of an eligible degree
- Complete and file an application by the established due date as well as comply with all other requirements adopted by the Commissioner of Highways
If a recipient does not enter the employ of the WV Division of Highways or leaves the employ of the WV Division of Highways prior to earning full credit for all notes, the recipient will be required to repay any unpaid amount.
Applicants may print an application packet below or request an application packet by visiting or contacting the: West Virginia Division of Highways, Human Resources Division, 1900 Kanawha Boulevard, East, Building Five, Room A-317, Charleston, West Virginia 25305 or telephone (304) 558-3111.
Deadline is May 31st of each year
Applications will be accepted between February 1st and May 31st of each year. Applicants will be notified of the granting or non-granting of a scholarship by August 1st.