The main entrance to the park is located on WV 10 near Henlawson and access to the Chief Logan Lodge and Conference Center is from US 119. Although this major route provides an entryway to the lodge and conference center, there is no direct connection to the park proper, nor are there any public roads within the park that allow access between the lodge and conference center to the other activity areas of the park. Although the lodge and conference center are only about one mile from the main park activity areas, visitors to the lodge or conference center wishing to use any of the other park facilities must travel a distance of 8-10 miles around the park to access them. By constructing a low-speed public roadway between Chief Logan Lodge and Conference Center and the park, access will be improved and the attractiveness of the park will be enhanced.
Current Project Schedule
- Approval of Environmental Assessment - June 6, 2013
- Public Informational Workshop - July 11, 2013
- Comments Due - August 12, 2013
- Final Environmental Document - September 30, 2013
- Construction STIP (State Transportation Improvement Plan) Date - May 28, 2014