Trends, Drivers, and Opportunities - Updated on October 13, 2020
The Trends, Drivers, and Opportunities focus on topics shaping WVs future like demographics, economics, technology, environment, and funding. Cross-cutting issues in these topics like education, equity, public health, tourism, and resiliency are also important to WVs transportation future.
Outcomes from the research conducted across these topics are presented in factsheetsthat highlight the key findings and white papers that document the technical resourcesused in the research.
Each paper covers four questions:
- Why is this topic relevant to West Virginia’s transportation future?
- What are West Virginia’s trends and how do they compare to our peers?
- Where might the future take us based on state and national perspectives?
- How might West Virginia create opportunities from these trends and avoid risks?
Plan Documents for Review: (for comments and questions, Contact Us: DOT2050@wv.gov)
- Factsheet – Demographics
- Factsheet – Economics
- Factsheet – Funding
- Factsheet – Technology
- Factsheet – Environment
- Factsheet – Cross-Cutting Topics
- White Paper – Demographics
- White Paper – Economics
- White Paper– Funding
- White Paper – Technology
- White Paper – Environment