NOTICE FOR CONSULTING SERVICES
Notice is hereby given by the West Virginia Division of Highways (WVDOH), Planning Division, that consulting services will be utilized to provide planning services for various programs and miscellaneous projects. The work will generally consist of: preparation of planning and financial studies, analyses, and reports; Planning Environmental Linkage (PEL) studies, environmental services including air quality modeling; development of planning procedures, policies and manuals; and program management. Projects will be located throughout the State. This work shall be performed under a Statewide (On-Call) Agreement.
Method of payment will be lump sum per assignment or specific rate of pay.
Multiple firms may be selected for this work.
Firms interested in being considered for providing these services must submit a “Letter of Qualification” and unpriced prospectus to Mr. C. Elwood Penn, P. E., Director, Planning Division, Division of Highways, 1900 Kanawha Boulevard East, Building Five, Room-A740, Charleston, West Virginia 25305 or preferably by e-mail to email@example.com prior to 4:00 p.m. on October 19, 2018.
As a minimum, the prospectus shall include the following evaluation factors:
1. Professional qualifications necessary for satisfactory performance of the required work shall be provided for that person-in-charge of overseeing the work. That person shall be located within the office where the work is to be performed and shall demonstrate sufficient experience performed for the WVDOH related to planning services. This individual shall be readily accessible to the Division, preferably located in-state.
2. Consideration shall be given to specialized experience and technical competence in the type of work required. As a minimum, the firm shall provide a resume of those individuals who will be committed to the needs of the project.
3. Capacity consideration shall be made on the firm’s ability to accomplish the work within the Division’s required schedule time frame; personnel dedicated to performing such work.
4. Past performance on contracts with Government agencies and private industry in terms of cost control, quality of work, and compliance with performance schedules.
5. Knowledge and understanding of state and federal regulations regarding required planning activities.
In addition to the above evaluation factors, the prospectus shall include, as a minimum, the following items:
1. A completed copy of the Division’s Consultant Confidential Qualification Questionnaire, dated January 1, 2018 or later, if not already on file with WVDOH. It must specifically indicate the staff levels by classification located in-state vs. out-of-state.
2. Location of office or offices in which the work, or part of the work, will be performed.
3. Type of work anticipated to be subcontracted or performed by sub consultant(s).
4. Indication of whether a cost accounting system has been maintained and is in effect such that it is capable of segregating and identifying accumulating costs for each job that is performed under cost type projects.
5. A completed Short List Selection Criteria Technical Evaluation Factor form limited to a single page of data. The Consultant is to indicate whether or not they hold a valid “Certificate of Authorization” from the West Virginia Board of Professional Engineers to offer engineering services within the state. Cross referencing on this form to other parts of the prospectus is not acceptable.
A single “Letter of Qualification” and unpriced prospectus is required. All evaluation factors as noted herein before will be given equal consideration in the selection process, unless a project specific weighting of the evaluation factors is shown in the Notice for Consulting Services.
Prior to entering into contract negotiations, the selected firm(s) and any sub consultants shall submit a current audited overhead rate computation performed by a State or Federal government agency or independent CPA firm. The submitted overhead audit shall contain a detailed exhibit of the computations with all applicable eliminations and references. The audit shall be done in accordance with Government Auditing Standards issued by the Comptroller General of the United States and all eliminations required by the Federal Acquisition Regulations will be made. This requirement will be waived for the selected firm or any sub consultant when its portion of the fee for the project is less than Two Hundred Fifty Thousand Dollars ($250,000.00). In such instances, a company computed overhead rate may be utilized.
It is policy of the West Virginia Division of Highways, Planning Division, that Disadvantaged and Women-owned Business Enterprises shall have the maximum opportunity to participate in the performance of contracts financed in whole or in part with Federal funds.