CHARLESTON, WV – Continuing its commitment to transparency, the West Virginia Department of Transportation offers the following weekly update on the I-70 Bridges Projects in Ohio County for the week of January 4, 2021.
Below is a review of the work that has taken place on the project and work scheduled for the coming week:
Week of 1/4/2021
• Sections A and C Westbound crossovers were in effect.
• The Market Street Overpass width reduction continued.
• The lane width reductions on the eastbound entrance ramp and westbound exit ramp to Wheeling Island continued.
Look Ahead to Week of 1/11/2021
• Construction will continue in Sections A and C Westbound where crossovers are in effect.
• The Market Street Overpass width reduction will continue.
• The lane width reductions on the eastbound entrance ramp and westbound exit ramp to Wheeling Island will continue.
• Beginning Tuesday, January 12, there will be single right lane restrictions on the I-70 westbound 1st Bridge East from just beyond Exit 1B to approximately Wheeling Tunnel. These restrictions will take place from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. and should be lifted by Friday, January 15.
• Beginning Tuesday, January 12, there will be single lane restrictions on Ohio Route 7 from just south of Aetna Street in Martins Ferry up until the Bridgeport Exit. These restrictions will take place from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and should be lifted by Thursday, January 14.
Motorists are advised to be alert for changing traffic patterns and expect delays. Any questions or concerns regarding the I-70 Bridges Project can be directed to the hotline at (304) 810-3214. Please note that inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances could change the project schedule. For additional information regarding this project, please visit www.i70forward.com