Continuing its commitment to transparency, the West Virginia Department of Transportation offers the following weekly update on the I-70 Bridges Projects in Ohio County for the week of April 27, 2020.
Below is a review of the work that has taken place on the project and work scheduled for the coming week:
Week of 4/27/2020
- Sections A and C Westbound crossovers were in effect.
- Westbound lanes were closed from Exit 2A through the span of Fulton Bridge.
- As a part of this long-term closure, the Oglebay Park I-70 Westbound Entrance Ramp (Exit 2A) and the 16th Street Ramp (Exit 1B) to US 250/WV 2 were also closed.
Look Ahead to Week of 5/4/2020
- Construction will continue in Sections A and C Westbound where crossovers are in effect.
- Westbound lane closures from Exit 2A through the span of Fulton Bridge will continue.
- As a part of this long-term closure, the Oglebay Park I-70 Westbound Entrance Ramp (Exit 2A) and the 16th Street Ramp (Exit 1B) to US 250/WV 2 are also closed.
- There will be single lane closures on McColloch Street beneath I-70 during all hours.
- This closure will continue for five weeks.
Motorists are advised to be alert for changing traffic patterns and expect delays. Any questions or concerns regarding the I-70 Bridges Project can be directed to the hotline at (304)810-3214. Please note that inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances could change the project schedule. For additional information regarding this project, please visit www.i70forward.com