NOTICE FOR CONSULTING SERVICES
Notice is hereby given by the West Virginia Department of Transportation, Division of Highways, that consulting services will be utilized to develop plans, specifications, estimates and other construction bidding documents as required for the following project:
District Seven Headquarters Facility, State Project No. G021-HDQ-1. 00. Project is located along US 19, approximately 2.0 miles south of the intersection of Skincreek Rd and US 19 on Highland Drive. Project to include architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical and plumbing design services for the construction of a Multi-Purpose building and Lab building. Civil / site development design services may also be required for connecting the buildings to previously constructed utilities and site features.
The above project is are currently scheduled for construction to begin in State Fiscal Year 2019. Single or multiple assignments may be made for this work.
Firms interested in being considered for this project must submit a letter of interest and un-priced prospectus to Mr. Kyle Stollings, Director, Maintenance Division, West Virginia Division of Highways, Building Five, Room A-350, 1900 Kanawha Boulevard, East, Charleston, West Virginia 25305-0430 or via e-mail to DOHMaintenanceLOQ@wv.gov prior to 4:00 p.m., September 23, 2016.
As a minimum, the prospectus will include the following items for evaluation:
- A completed copy of the Division’s Consultant Confidential Qualification Questionnaire, if not already on file, dated January 1, 2016 or later.
- Overall capabilities to perform the work, including workforce available to assign to the project, personnel qualifications, and present workload.
- Location of office in which the work will be performed.
- Type of work anticipated to be sub-contracted or performed by a sub-consultant.
- Indication of whether a cost accounting system has been maintained and is in effect such that it is capable of segregating and identifying accumulating costs for each job that is performed under cost type projects.
- A completed copy of the Division’s Short List Selection Criteria Technical Evaluation form limited to a single page of data.Cross-referencing on this form to other parts of the prospectus is not acceptable.
Prior to entering into contractual negotiations, the selected firm and any sub-consultants shall submit a current audited overhead rate computation performed by a state or federal government agency of independent CPA firm. The submitted overhead audit shall contain a detailed exhibit of the computations with all applicable eliminations and references.
The audit shall be done in accordance with Government Auditing Standards issued by the Comptroller General of the United States and all eliminations required by the Federal Acquisitions Regulations will be made. This requirement will be waived for the selected firm or any sub‑consultant when its portion of the fee for the project is less than One Hundred Thousand Dollars ($100,000.00). In such instances, a company computed overhead rate may be utilized.
A single letter of interest and un-priced prospectus is required regardless of the number of projects requested by the firm for consideration.
It is the policy of the West Virginia Department of Transportation, Division of Highways, that disadvantaged and women-owned business enterprises shall have the maximum opportunity to participate in the performance of contracts.