Status: Closed: Selected1. GPI (selected)
2. WRA (1st alternate)
3. Michael Baker (2nd alternate)
NOTICE FOR CONSULTING SERVICES
AWARD MANUAL REVIEW, RESEARCH, COORDINATION, AND UPDATE SERVICES
Notice is hereby given that consulting services will be utilized by the West Virginia Department of Transportation, Division of Highways, to review the current award manual, research other states project award processes, review FHWA requirements regarding project award, review West Virginia Code for any changes/updates, make recommendations based on reviews, and update the WVDOH award manual. Preference will be given to consultants with documented technical experience applicable to this type of work. The anticipated duration of the agreement is 12 months.
The general guidelines for performance of the project inspection are as follows:
1. The consulting engineering services required may consist of project management, quality assurance, review, and documentation services.
2. The personnel shall have a working knowledge of WVDOT-DOH standards, specifications, and project award practices.
3. The consultant will supply all necessary transportation, laptop, and communication devices for its personnel
4. The method of payment for the consultant services provided will be specific rate of pay.
Firms interested in being considered for this work must submit a letter of interest and unpriced prospectus to Mr. Jason M. Boyd, Director, Contract Administration Division, West Virginia Department of Transportation, Division of Highways, Building Five, Room 840, 1900 Kanawha Boulevard, East, Charleston, West Virginia 25305 prior to 4:00 P.M. on October 31, 2018. Responses received after this time will not be considered.
As a minimum, one hard copy of the Letter of Interest (LOI) will include the following along with an electronic copy sent by email to: Matt.D.Crum@wv.gov:
1. A completed copy of the Division's Consultant Engineer Confidential Qualification Questionnaire (unless already on file with the WVDOH). The questionnaire should be current as of January 1, 2018 or later.
2. A completed copy of the "Consultant Short List Selection Criteria Technical Evaluation" form found in Appendix E of the WVDOT-DOH Manual for Consultant Services or from the WVDOT web homepage by selecting the following tabs: Business/Upcoming Consultant Contacts/Engineering/Forms and Documents https://transportation.wv.gov/highways/engineering/Pages/FormsandDocuments.aspx
3. Overall capabilities to handle this work, including work force available to assign to the project, personnel qualifications, and present workload.
4. Type of work proposed to be subcontracted.
5. Location of base office for the assigned project staff.
6. Indication of whether a cost accounting system has been maintained and is in effect such that it is capable of segregating and identifying accumulating costs for each job that is performed under cost-type contracts.
Submittals shall be prepared simply and economically, providing a straight forward, concise description of the firm's capabilities to satisfy the requirements of the RFP. Emphasis should be on completeness and clarity of content. Elaborate brochures and other representations beyond that sufficient to present a complete and effective proposal are neither required nor desired prior to entering contract negotiations. The selected firm and any sub consultants shall submit a current audited overhead rate computation performed by a State or Federal government agency or independent CPA firm. The submitted overhead audit shall contain a detailed exhibit of the computations with all applicable eliminations and references. The audit shall be done in accordance with Government Auditing Standards issued by the Comptroller General of the United States and all eliminations required by the Federal Acquisition Regulations will be made.
It is the policy of the West Virginia Department of Transportation, Division of Highways, that Disadvantaged Business Enterprises shall have the maximum opportunity to participate in the performance of contracts financed in whole or in part with Federal funds.
Any technical questions concerning the requirements for this project should be directed to Mr. Matt Crum, P.E., Contract Administration Division, at (304-558-9565) or E-mail at Matt.D.Crum@wv.gov