Additional information may be obtained on each bridge by contacting Bill Murray, P.E., Maintenance Division, Evaluation Section at (304) 558-9741 or via e mail at Bill.R.Murray@wv.gov
The above projects are currently scheduled for work to begin in 2020. Single or multiple assignments may be made for this work.
Several of these structures are located on routes in urban and extremely high ADTT areas that will mandate traffic disruption. Progressive and innovative methods of inspection access will be considered in the selection process.
Firms interested in being considered for this project must submit a letter of interest and unpriced prospectus to Mr. Jacob Bumgarner, Director, Maintenance Division, West Virginia Division of Highways, Building Five, Room A-350, 1900 Kanawha Boulevard, East, Charleston, West Virginia 25305-0430 or via e-mail to DOHMaintenanceLOQ@wv.gov prior to 4:00 p.m., June 5, 2019.
As a minimum, the prospectus will include the following items for evaluation:
1) A completed copy of the Division’s Consultant Confidential Qualification Questionnaire, if not already on file, dated January 1, 2019 or later.
2) Overall capabilities to perform the work, including workforce available to assign to the project, personnel qualifications, and present workload.
3) Location of office in which the work will be performed.
4) Type of work anticipated to be sub-contracted or performed by a sub-consultant.
5) Indication of whether a cost accounting system has been maintained and is in effect such that it is capable of segregating and identifying accumulating costs for each job that is performed under cost type projects.
6) A completed copy of the Division’s Short List Selection Criteria Technical Evaluation form limited to a single page of data. Cross-referencing on this form to other parts of the prospectus is not acceptable.
7) Indication of the project(s) for which the firm is submitting information for consideration. If the submission is for all projects, a statement to that effect shall be made and a detailed listing shall not be required.
Prior to entering into contract negotiations, the selected firm and any sub-consultants shall submit a current audited overhead rate computation performed by a state or federal government agency or independent CPA firm. The submitted overhead audit shall contain a detailed exhibit of the computations with all applicable eliminations and references.
The audit shall be done in accordance with Government Auditing Standards issued by the Comptroller General of the United States and all eliminations required by the Federal Acquisitions Regulations will be made. This requirement will be waived for the selected firm or any sub-consultant when its portion of the fee for the project is less than One Hundred Thousand Dollars ($100,000.00). In such instances, a company computed overhead rate may be utilized.
A single letter of interest and unpriced prospectus is required regardless of the number of projects requested by the firm for consideration.
It is the policy of the West Virginia Department of Transportation, Division of Highways that disadvantaged and women-owned business enterprises shall have the maximum opportunity to participate in the performance of contracts financed in whole or in part with federal funds.