NOTICE FOR CONSULTING SERVICES
Notice is hereby given by the West Virginia Division of Highways (WVDOH), Planning Division, that consulting services will be utilized to provide services for the preparation of the West Virginia Department of Transportation (WVDOT) Multi-modal Statewide Transportation Plan (Plan). The Plan will be developed in accordance with the Fixing America’s Surface Transportation (FAST) Act and meets the requirements outlined in 23 U.S. Code § 135 - Statewide transportation planning and 23 CFR 450.214 - Statewide transportation plan.
Method of payment will be Cost Plus Fixed Fee.
A single assignment will be made for this project.
Firms interested in being considered for providing these services must submit a “Letter of Qualification” and unpriced prospectus to Mr. C. Elwood Penn, IV, P. E., Director, Planning Division, Division of Highways, 1900 Kanawha Boulevard East, Building Five, Room-A740, Charleston, West Virginia 25305 or preferably by e-mail to email@example.com prior to 4:00 p.m. on July 8, 2019.
At a minimum, the prospectus shall include the following evaluation factors:
1. Professional qualifications of the firm/team necessary for satisfactory performance of the required work. As a minimum, the prospectus shall provide a list and description of example projects that demonstrates the firms experience on Statewide Long-Range Transportation Plans or similar planning studies.
2. Consideration shall be given to specialized experience and technical competence of the of the Project Manager and staff proposed to work on the project. At a minimum, the prospectus shall provide a resume of those individuals who will be committed to the needs of the project.
3. Capacity consideration shall be made on the firm’s ability to accomplish the work within the Division’s required schedule time frame and personnel dedicated to performing such work. An organizational chart with the proposed staff and location of office where the work is to be performed should be included.
4. Past performance on contracts with Government agencies and private industry in terms of cost control, quality of work, and compliance with performance schedules.
5. Knowledge and understanding of federal regulations regarding preparation of State Long Range Transportation Plans.
In addition to the above evaluation factors, the prospectus shall include, as a minimum, the following items:
1. A completed copy of the Division’s Consultant Confidential Qualification Questionnaire dated January 1, 2019 or later, if not already on file with WVDOH. It must specifically indicate the staff levels by classification located in-state vs. out-of-state.
2. Location of office or offices in which the work, or part of the work, will be performed.
3. Type of work anticipated to be subcontracted or performed by sub consultant(s).
4. Indication of whether a cost accounting system has been maintained and is in effect such that it is capable of segregating and identifying accumulating costs for each job that is performed under cost type projects.
5. A completed Short List Selection Criteria Technical Evaluation Factor form limited to a single page of data. The Consultant is to indicate whether or not they hold a valid “Certificate of Authorization” from the West Virginia Board of Professional Engineers to offer engineering services within the state. Cross referencing on this form to other parts of the prospectus is not acceptable.
A single “Letter of Qualification” and unpriced prospectus is required. All evaluation factors as noted herein before will be given equal consideration in the selection process, unless a project specific weighting of the evaluation factors is shown in the Notice for Consulting Services.
Prior to entering into contract negotiations, the selected firm(s) and any sub consultants shall submit a current audited overhead rate computation performed by a State or Federal government agency or independent CPA firm. The submitted overhead audit shall contain a detailed exhibit of the computations with all applicable eliminations and references. The audit shall be done in accordance with Government Auditing Standards issued by the Comptroller General of the United States and all eliminations required by the Federal Acquisition Regulations will be made. This requirement will be waived for the selected firm or any sub consultant when its portion of the fee for the project is less than Two Hundred Fifty Thousand Dollars ($250,000.00). In such instances, a company computed overhead rate may be utilized.
It is policy of the West Virginia Division of Highways, Planning Division, that Disadvantaged and Women-owned Business Enterprises shall have the maximum opportunity to participate in the performance of contracts financed in whole or in part with Federal funds.