Notice For Consultant Services
(Request For Qualifications)
Notice is hereby given that the West Virginia Department of Transportation, Division of Highways (DOH) is soliciting qualifications for the purpose of making available a list of pre-qualified Consultants to be utilized for asbestos inspection and sampling. The work may consist of inspection, sampling and reports. Successful Consultants must be capable of performing a minimum of 51% of the work as the prime Consultant. This list of prequalified Consultants will be made available on the WVDOH website. The tenure of this list will be one (1) year, beginning November 1, 2020 through October 31, 2021.
Once approved, that Consultant’s name shall be placed on the list of Consultants prequalified to participate in this program. Those Consultants selected and placed on a master list MUST resubmit their CCQQ each year on or shortly after the first day of January to remain on the list, or at any time any of the required information changes.
Pre-qualifications of Consultant(s) shall be based on an evaluation of the criteria requested which shall include, but is not limited to: number of Certified Asbestos Inspectors registered in the State of West Virginia; technical competence; capability to perform; and past performance.
The areas of work required will include asbestos inspection, sampling, and preparation of reports.
Consultants interested in being considered for pre-qualification must submit a “Letter of Qualification” and one unpriced prospectus to DOH.firstname.lastname@example.org beginning October 27, 2020 through August 31, 2021.
As a minimum, the prospectus shall include the following evaluation information factors:
1. Professional qualifications necessary for consideration and satisfactory performance of the required work shall be provided for that person-in-charge of performing the inspection. That person shall demonstrate sufficient past experience performed in relation to asbestos inspection services to be provided. This individual shall be readily accessible to the Department, preferably located in-state.
2. Consideration shall be given to specialized experience and technical competence. Specialized experience shall focus on the qualifications of the staff working on the project with emphasis placed on individual specialized expertise required for the project. As a minimum, the Consultant shall provide a Résumé of those individuals who will be committed to the needs of the project.
3. Capacity consideration shall be made on the Consultant’s ability to accomplish the work within the Department’s required schedule time frame; list of personnel certified to perform such work.
4. Past performance on contracts in terms of quality of work and compliance with performance schedules. In addition, the information provided for past work performed should include:
- Information sufficient to show the minimum qualifications stated in items above.
- A list of related project experience in the past five (5) years.
- The name of owner for whom the work was performed.
- A brief description of each project size and type, including any unusual features.
In addition to the above evaluation factors, the prospectus shall include, as a minimum, the following items:
1. A completed copy of the Division’s Consultant Confidential Qualification Questionnaire dated January 1, 2020 or later, if not already on file. It must specifically indicate the staff levels of Asbestos Inspectors by classification located in-state vs. out-of-state.
2. Location of office or office(s) in which the work, or part of the work, will be performed.
3. Identification of subconsultants by name as to the type of work anticipated to be subcontracted or performed.
4. Indication of whether a cost accounting system has been maintained and is in effect such that it is capable of segregating and identifying accumulating costs for each job that is performed under cost type projects.
5. Completed copy of the Division’s “Consultant Short List Selection Criteria Technical Evaluation” form limited to a single page of data. One loose leaf copy of form is to accompany the bound unpriced prospectus. Cross referencing on this form to other parts of the prospectus is not acceptable. Only list on this form the (a) number of Asbestos Inspectors and (c) Asbestos Inspection.
A single “Letter of Qualification” and one unpriced prospectus are required and must contain all of the above information required to be considered. Failure to provide the required information and/or insufficient information will cause disqualification and the prospectus will be returned. All evaluation factors as noted herein before will be given equal consideration in the acceptance process.
Prior to entering into any contract negotiations, the selected Consultant and any subconsultants shall submit a current audited overhead rate computation performed by a State or Federal government agency or independent CPA firm. The submitted overhead audit shall contain a detailed exhibit of the computations with all applicable eliminations and references. The audit shall be done in accordance with Government Auditing Standards issued by the Comptroller General of the United States and all eliminations required by the Federal Acquisition Regulations will be made. The submitted certified audited overhead (Indirect Cost Rate) report shall include the certification, certifying that the allowability of costs used to establish the final indirect cost rate are in accordance with the FAR cost principles, or a verification indicating this certification was previously submitted and accepted by the cognizant agency. This requirement will be waived for the selected Consultant or any subconsultant when its portion of the fee for the project is less than Five Hundred Thousand Dollars ($500,000.00). In such instances, a company computed overhead rate may be utilized.
It is the policy of the West Virginia Department of Transportation, Division of Highways, that Disadvantaged and Women-owned Business Enterprises shall have the maximum opportunity to participate in the performance of contracts financed in whole or in part with Federal funds.