NOTICE FOR CONSULTING SERVICES
COALFIELDS EXPRESSWAY WELCH – WV 16
Notice is hereby given that consulting services will be utilized by the West Virginia Department of Transportation, Division of Highways, for Quality Control and Quality Assurance project inspection, documentation services, project management, and related duties as required on the Coalfields Expressway Welch – WV 16 McDowell County. The anticipated duration of the agreement is approximately 36 months. It is anticipated that the following appropriately accredited and qualified inspectors will be required:
1 - Level 5 or PE - Project Supervisor
2 – Level 4
4 - Level 3
4 - Level 2
4 - Level 1
The general guidelines for performance of the project inspection are as follows:
1. The consulting engineering services required may consist of project inspection, documentation services, and other related duties as assigned.
2. The consultant will supply experienced construction and materials inspection personnel. All inspectors must be certified through WVTRET Board.
3. The personnel shall have a working knowledge of WVDOT-DOH standards, specifications, WVDOH Traffic Control manual, Materials Certification, materials testing procedures, as well as being certified by the DOH for sampling and testing aggregate, Portland cement concrete, bituminous concrete, compaction testing and possess nuclear certifications in the State of West Virginia. The knowledge and certifications required of a given individual will depend on the specific item(s) being inspected and /or sampled/tested.
4. It is the intent that the majority of the required materials testing be conducted by personnel capable of performing the complete field inspection of the affected items.
5. In addition, the inspectors shall be knowledgeable of good construction and surveying practices and procedures; able to interpret contracts, special provisions, plans and specifications, proposals, able to perform project layout and assist in project finalization; able to exercise good judgment; able to use engineering, testing and office equipment; be accurate and neat in recording data and preparing records and able to maintain a harmonious relationship with the Department, other governmental agencies, contractors, and the public.
6. The consultant will supply all necessary transportation, laptop, and communication devices for its personnel.
7. The Department will supply field offices, storage buildings, and office equipment per normal construction contract specification items or reasonable access to the same as it deems necessary.
8. The Consultant personnel shall be proficient in using SiteManager, or have attended the Site manager training class for preparation and maintenance of project records and documentation. The Department will supply Department required forms to the Consultant. In order to use SiteManager the following is required:
Microsoft Internet Explorer 11, Google Chrome, and the Chromium-based Microsoft Edge are the only web browsers supported for accessing Citrix. You should not try to access Citrix with any other browser. Consultants should have their own IT staff to setup their Citrix connections and have them login to test once they have been notified their account has been created. Once an account is created, the consultant will receive an email with required steps to create self-serve password reset security questions so that the consultant can change password or unlock account at https://pw.wv.gov.
Must have windows 7 or above operating system, and MS 2003 (MS Office 2003?) or newer. Adobe Acrobat Reader is fine for accessing our reports.
9. All testing equipment and incidental tools and supplies are to be furnished by the Consultant unless the Department elects to supply same on a given project.
10. The method of payment for the consultant services provided will be SPECIFIC RATE OF PAY/LUMP SUM.
Firms interested in being considered for this work must submit a letter of interest and unpriced prospectus to Mr. Shawn Smith , Director, Contract Administration Division, West Virginia Department of Transportation, Division of Highways, Building Five, Room 840, 1900 Kanawha Boulevard, East, Charleston, West Virginia 25305 prior to 4:00 P.M. on January 7th, 2022. Responses received after this time will not be considered.
As a minimum, the Letter of Interest (LOI) will include the following sent by email to: Matt.D.Crum@wv.gov: A hard copy will not be required for this project.
1. A completed copy of the Division's Consultant Engineer Confidential Qualification Questionnaire. The questionnaire should be current.
2. A completed copy of the "Consultant Short List Selection Criteria Technical Evaluation" form found in Appendix E of the WVDOT-DOH Manual for Consultant Services or from the WVDOT web homepage by selecting the following tabs: Business/Upcoming Consultant Contacts/Engineering/Forms and Documents http://www.transportation.wv.gov/highways/engineering/Pages/FormsandDocuments.aspx
3. Overall capabilities to handle this work, including work force available to assign to the project, personnel qualifications, and present workload.
4. Type of work proposed to be subcontracted.
5. Location of base office for the assigned project staff.
6. Indication of whether a cost accounting system has been maintained and is in effect such that it is capable of segregating and identifying accumulating costs for each job that is performed under cost-type contracts.
Submittals shall be prepared simply and economically, providing a straightforward, concise description of the firm's capabilities to satisfy the requirements of the RFP. Emphasis should be on completeness and clarity of content. Elaborate brochures and other representations beyond that sufficient to present a complete and effective proposal are neither required nor desired prior to entering contract negotiations. The selected firm and any sub consultants shall submit a current audited overhead rate computation performed by a State or Federal government agency or independent CPA firm. The submitted overhead audit shall contain a detailed exhibit of the computations with all applicable eliminations and references. The audit shall be done in accordance with Government Auditing Standards issued by the Comptroller General of the United States and all eliminations required by the Federal Acquisition Regulations will be made.
It is the policy of the West Virginia Department of Transportation, Division of Highways, that Disadvantaged Business Enterprises shall have the maximum opportunity to participate in the performance of contracts financed in whole or in part with Federal funds.
Any technical questions concerning the requirements for this project should be directed to Mr. Matt Crum, P.E., Contract Administration Division, at (304 414-6979) or E-mail at Matt.D.Crum@wv.gov