Notice of Consulting Services
Notice is hereby given by the West Virginia Department of Transportation, Division of Highways, that engineering consulting services will be utilized for the following project:
STATE PROJECT U306-64-5.99 00
FEDERAL PROJECT (EN) NHPP-0064(408)DBC
FEDERAL PROJECT (CN) NHPP-0064(410)D
GIMLET HOLLOW O/P, located in Cabell County. The twin structures carry Interstate 64 over Cook School Road, East Road, and West Road and is located 0.47 mile west of United States Route (US) 52. Eastbound and Westbound bridges consist of girder floor beam stringer system with eight (8) spans, having an overall length of 905 feet 6 inches and a deck width out-to-out of 35 feet 3 inches. The professional engineering services for this replacement project shall include the design of construction plans and right-of-way plans, surveying, geotechnical services, and traffic engineering services with special consideration to Design Directive 681 – Work Zone Safety and Mobility. During Phase I of Maintenance of Traffic (MOT) a portion of the permanent bridge will be constructed in the median to maintain two lanes of westbound traffic while the existing westbound bridge is demolished, and the permanent is constructed. During Phase II of MOT the westbound traffic from the median will be transferred to the newly constructed westbound bridge and existing eastbound traffic moved to median portion of the bridge while eastbound bridge is demolished, and the permanent bridge is constructed. NEPA clearance will be handled by Technical Support Division. The superstructure for both eastbound and westbound bridge is fracture critical. There is a tear in the beam in the westbound bridge. The acceleration and deacceleration lanes at Exit 6 may be substandard and may possibly require upgrading with this project. There are utilities under the bridge and the bridge also has bats. Any potential subconsultant must be included on the list of prequalified Consultants for the applicable Prequalification Category (Engineering Division). Post Design Services will be by a separate Agreement.
Method of payment shall be Cost Plus Fixed Fee.
A single assignment will be made for this project.
Firms interested in being considered for this project must submit a “Letter of Qualification" (LOQ) and one unpriced prospectus to Ms. Erika J. Carroll, Assistant Director, Consultant Services Section, Engineering Division, Division of Highways, 1900 Kanawha Blvd. East, Building 5 – Room 831, Charleston, West Virginia 25305 or preferably by email to DOH.email@example.com prior to 4:00 p.m. on November 16, 2022.
Firms submitting LOQ's shall submit a detailed current list of all work assigned by any DOH division or district. The list shall include division or district of assignment, project name, state project number, percentage of work completed based on maximum amount payable and maximum amount payable.
Firms submitting LOQ's shall provide proof of availability to perform work in West Virginia and that all business documents, (registration with the WV Secretary of State Business & Licensing and applicable Certificate of Authorization), including a WVDOT Transportation Auditing approved and current overhead audit, are in order and valid as of the LOQ submission date. The firm will also provide a list of firms to be used as subconsultants and proof of the ability of the subconsultant to perform work in West Virginia and that all business documents, including a current overhead audit, are in order and up to date. ALL DOCUMENTATION FOR THE PRIME AND ANY SUBCONSULTANTS MUST BE INCLUDED IN THE PROSPECTUS. The use of identifying possible tasks to be performed by a subconsultant will no longer be permitted. If a subconsultant has to be replaced, proof of “availability" shall be included for the director's approval.
Firms failing to provide proper documentation or failure to meet timelines will be deemed nonresponsive. In the case of a response to advertisement for services, the firm's LOQ will not be forwarded to the shortlist committee. In the case of prequalification or statewide selection, another firm will be offered the tasks.
As a minimum, the prospectus shall include the following evaluation information factors:
- Professional qualifications necessary for consideration and satisfactory performance of the required work and as a minimum shall have a professional engineer licensed by the State of West Virginia. That person shall be located within the office, with the location of the office identified, where the work is to be performed, and shall demonstrate sufficient past experience performed for the DOH related to design and plan development to be provided. This individual shall be the person-in-charge overseeing the work and must be readily accessible to the Department, preferably located in-state.
- Consideration shall be given to specialized experience and technical competence. Specialized experience shall focus on the qualifications of the staff working on the project with emphasis placed on individual specialized expertise required for the project. As a minimum, the firm shall provide a Résumé of those individuals who will be committed to the needs of the project. Strong considerations will be based on the professional and non-professional staff specialized experience and technical competence stationed within the office where the work is to be performed.
- Capacity consideration shall be made on the firm's ability to accomplish the work within the Department's required schedule time frame; personnel dedicated to perform such work.
- Past performance on contracts with Government agencies and private industry in terms of cost control, quality of work, and compliance with performance schedules.
In addition to the above evaluation factors, the prospectus shall include, as a minimum, the following items:
- A completed copy of the Department's Consultant Confidential Qualification Questionnaire dated January 1, 2022 or later (a Standard Form 330 will suffice as well), if not already on file. It must specifically indicate the staff levels by classification located in-state vs. out-of-state.
- Location of office or office(s) in which the work, or part of the work, will be performed.
- Identification of subconsultants by name as to the type of work anticipated to be subcontracted or performed, if proposed as part of the design team.
- Identification of software (including design software) that may potentially be utilized for this project.
- Indication of whether a cost accounting system has been maintained and is in effect such that it is capable of segregating and identifying accumulating costs for each job that is performed under cost type projects.
- Completed copies of the Division's “Consultant Short List Selection Criteria Technical Evaluation" form. Cross referencing on this form to other parts of the prospectus is not acceptable.
- A copy of a valid “Certificate of Authorization" to offer Engineering, Surveying, or other related services within the state, issued by the appropriate West Virginia Board.
A single “Letter of Qualification" and one unpriced prospectus are required and must contain all of the above information required to be considered. Failure to provide the required information and/or insufficient information will cause disqualification and the prospectus will be returned. All evaluation factors as noted herein before will be given equal consideration in the selection process, unless a project specific weighting of the evaluation factors is shown in the Notice for Consulting Services.
Prior to entering into any contract negotiations, the selected firm and any subconsultants shall submit a current audited overhead rate computation performed by a State or Federal government agency or independent CPA firm. The submitted overhead audit shall contain a detailed exhibit of the computations with all applicable eliminations and references. The audit shall be done in accordance with Government Auditing Standards issued by the Comptroller General of the United States and all eliminations required by the Federal Acquisition Regulations will be made. The submitted certified audited overhead (Indirect Cost Rate) report shall include the certification, certifying that the allowability of costs used to establish the final indirect cost rate are in accordance with the FAR cost principles, or a verification indicating this certification was previously submitted and accepted by the cognizant agency. This requirement will be waived for the selected firm or any subconsultant when its portion of the fee for the project is less than Five Hundred Thousand Dollars ($500,000.00). In such instances, a company computed overhead rate may be utilized.
It is the policy of the West Virginia Department of Transportation, Division of Highways, that Disadvantaged and Women-owned Business Enterprises shall have the maximum opportunity to participate in the performance of contracts financed in whole or in part with Federal funds.