CHARLESTON, WV – Continuing its commitment to transparency, the West Virginia Department of Transportation offers the following weekly update on the I-70 Bridges Projects in Ohio County for the week of May 4, 2020.
Below is a review of the work that has taken place on the project and work scheduled for the coming week:
Week of 5/4/2020
- Sections A and C Westbound crossovers were in effect.
- Westbound lanes were closed from Exit 2A through the span of Fulton Bridge.
- As a part of this long-term closure, the Oglebay Park I-70 Westbound Entrance Ramp (Exit 2A) and the 16th Street Ramp (Exit 1B) to US 250/WV 2 were also closed.
- There were single lane closures on McColloch Street beneath I-70.
Look Ahead to Week of 5/11/2020
- Construction will continue in Sections A and C Westbound where crossovers are in effect.
- Westbound lane closures from Exit 2A through the span of Fulton Bridge will continue.
- As a part of this long-term closure, the Oglebay Park I-70 Westbound Entrance Ramp (Exit 2A) and the 16th Street Ramp (Exit 1B) to US 250/WV 2 are also closed.
- The single lane closures on McColloch Street beneath I-70 will continue for another four weeks
- Beginning Monday, May 11, there will be a width reduction on the Market Street Overpass that will last approximately two months.
- Beginning Monday, May 11, at the junction of US 250 and I-70 WB, Ramp J will be closed. The ramp is anticipated to re-open in mid-September 2020.
- Tuesday, May 12, weather permitting, there will be single lane closures on I-70 EB at Exit 5. Ramp G, the on-ramp to US 250 SB, will also be closed.
- These closures will last six hours in order to allow for emergency shoulder and pothole repairs.
US Route 40
- Tuesday, May 12, there will be alternating EB and WB single lane closures below the I-70 Elm Grove Bridge. These will last from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. in order to allow for bridge inspection work.
Motorists are advised to be alert for changing traffic patterns and expect delays. Any questions or concerns regarding the I-70 Bridges Project can be directed to the hotline at (304)810-3214. Please note that inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances could change the project schedule. For additional information regarding this project, please visit